Whether you'll admit it to yourself or not, we all love a good teen comedy—and now the often fraught world of boy wizards and Dark Lords is turned into some lighthearted teen fun.
Using the trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, it's been chopped up with some funky music so it resembles your average high school comedy. Gone is all the death and abominable evil.
Along with some neat editing, it just goes to show you how the right music can completely transform something.
And in case you are wondering about any 'future' Harry Potter adventures here is some very interesting infomation via the Daily Mirror.
The hype around anything 'Harry Potter' related refuses to die, Many of the high-class Potter fans have now come to one conclusion: JK Rowling IS going to do something very exciting... on July 31st. Could she even be ready to unleash a new book...?
Lets examine the evidence:
The Quidditch short story revealed another Rita Skeeter book; 'My new biography, ''Dumbledore's Army: The Dark Side of the Demob'' will be available from Flourish and Blotts on July 31st'.
The 31st July is Rowling's birthday, this year marking her 49th year. Coincidently, she shares her birthday with the star of the show, Harry Potter; who is fifteen years younger.
The date is significant in that it's the anniversary of many keys events in the novels.
To name a few:
- Hagrid arrives to collect Harry in the early hours of the morning, on his 11th birthday (1991)
- Harry's first trip to Diagon Alley (1991)
- Quirinus Quirrell attempts to steal from Gringotts Bank but the Philosopher's Stone has already been collected (1991)
- Dobby warns Harry not to return to Hogwarts (stubborn Harry goes anyway), after trying to make it seem like his friends didn't like him (1992)
- At a family meal, Harry loses his temper and accidentally blows Aunt Marge up like a balloon (1993)
- Igor Karkaroff is found dead, killed by the Death Eaters that he betrayed (1996)
- Ginny gives Harry a birthday kiss (1997)
- Dumbledore's Will is read to Harry, Ron and Hermione by Rufus Scrimgeour (1997)
What if Rowling actually does publish/announce something on this date?
It would be fitting, after all, as LeakyCon is held on that day. For those new to the world of Harry Potter, LeakyCon is the national day for the celebration of our Nerd-dom. It's like ComicCon, but possibly slightly better.